PDA

View Full Version : can i seperate my email accounts?

fatcatZ
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I just moved to BB from windows mobile.
In windows mobile i had a messages folder - in there i choose if i wanted my yahoo (personal), outlook (work), text, or SMS.

In BB ALL of those go into the Messages. and then i have a folder for Text/SMS, and Yahoo so i can see solo...but no Solo place for my exchange account....for that i have to go into the mess that is messages.

Am i missing a setup somewhere? this "feature" bites since when i want to check work email i only want to check work, same with personal...

The outlook is a BES server. can someone help? i'd like to keep, but right now i'm missing windows mobile...

Also - i only like to check my yahoo on occasion (this was option in mobile), here it is always on...i can live with that, but would like to turn off if possible.. ?

MidnightDraven
07-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Messages icon collects all messages.
once seperated, a SMS icon appears and sms will not appear in the messages icon.
the email for yahoo does have its own mailbox, but as the messages icon collects this too, most people hide the individual mailbox icon.

If you are on a BES, there is a setting the BES admin can make to have a seperate BES mail icon.
I dont know about the procedure, but it has been mentioned here. A search should find it.

Also, in theory you can turn it off, but only from the carriers BIS page, and during that time no emails are sent to the device. Once turned back on, only NEW emails will push to the device, not any that were sent while device forwarding was off.

fatcatZ
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
thanks - i will look for that BES icon :)

wjereb
07-19-2009, 11:00 AM
It's not an icon, it's something your BB Admin has to do on the server.

View Document (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15003&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=151600256&stateId=0%200%2070501349)

Bill J

takeshi
07-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Failing that, there's Empower's BES Mailbox:
Empower Work Folder for Blackberry BES (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php)