PDA

View Full Version : email from computer does not sync with 8330 curve

Stephanie Beth
07-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi,

I am new to Blackberry as I was always a Palm user.

I have read through many FAQ forums but have yet to find an answer to my question.

My email accounts on my phone (gmail, msn, etc.) do not show actual status of email on my computer. For example, I could have checked all of my email and even deleted some, but no matter how many hours I wait, they still show up as "unread/new" on my Blackberry. I don't have the same problem reversely; when I read email on my Blackberry and then go to read it on my computer, it shows up-to-date status or unread, etc.

I have tried "reconcile now" but to no avail. Please someone, anyone, let me know how I can have my inboxes on my Blackberry automatically sync with my inboxes of my "actual" account on my computer. I would hope this is not something I have to do manually, but if so, it is better than my current situation.

Thank you and I look forward to learning more about this and other features on my Blackberry. ANY assistance is greatly appreciated.

MidnightDraven
07-20-2009, 07:11 AM
BIS (the email service) is NOT 2 way sync.

Stephanie Beth
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Are you serious? This high tech super-duper device doesn't recognize that I have checked my email? What a joke!

leec81
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
yeah, I have experienced the same thing.

NJBlackBerry
07-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Yes, the super high tech device has a feature called BES, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. That allows for the wireless reconciliation of mail and the wireless syncing of calendar, notes and tasks.

Sounds like someone didn't do their homework.

takeshi
07-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Please please please do your research before buying! Don't assume that a device for $X has the features you need. Don't assume that because the BB is regarded as "best for email" that it will live up to the arbitrary expectations in your head. The info is out there -- use it. Read up. Ask questions. Shop around. Kick the tires. It's like buying anything else.

tectt
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
BIS (the email service) is NOT 2 way sync.

So, do I have "reconcile now" everytime I delete an email from my computer 1st instead of my blackberry? :-(

MidnightDraven
08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
No.
You delete an email from your PC and thats it.
It won't be reflected on the BB UNLESS you use IMAP.

guapagirl
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
ahhhh! damn! all the time I thought it was me being dumb and not being able to work it out!