PDA

View Full Version : Address Book Missing After OS Upgrade

choonz
07-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi all.

Yesterday I upgraded the OS on my Curve, but in the process the address book was lost. In fact, all messages and emails were lost although photos and music remained.

Anyway, I found a bunch of files with 'addressbook' in the filename in the following folder: :\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader Cache\0f1cdbe2ae0fb57c7f17a303b270a197bd20d9ad\Java
The files have such names as net_rim_bb_addressbook.cod, net_rim_bb_addressbook_app.cod, etc.

What I would like to know is do these files contain my old address book info and if so, how do I get them back on the machine?

JSanders
07-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Those are the actual Address Book application install files. They do not contain data.

Do you have a recent back of the device?
During the upgrade, it should have made it's own backup. Search your My Documents folder for a recent *.ipd file, or one that has [loader] in the name.

Find it?

Do this:

Connect your BlackBerry to your USB > PC.

Open Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced.

On the left hand side is your backup files. Choose File > Open and navigate to and select your most recent backup file. Open it.

Now, when that loads, on the left hand pane, find the Address Book database, highlight it by clicking on it once and then click on the middle arrow facing right to move that data to the handheld device.

Follow the prompts that follow.

choonz
07-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Managed to solve this myself.

What had happened was that my desktop software was corrupted when I upgraded the OS, so what I did was to reinstall it then do a manual restore of the database which had been saved to my documents folder during the OS upgrade.

Edit: I just noticed that JSanders had posted the solution. Following what he said would work perfectly.