PDA

View Full Version : Have a work phone Curve 8300 & can't download any apps. HELP!

bbkurve44
07-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I have a company phone and my IT department has locked out the ability for me to download any third-part apps on my BlackBerry Curve 8300. :x

While I can understand the general rationale behind this policy there are several apps that I would like to use for work i.e. Google Maps etc..

Can anyone help me with this one? I have searched the forum, the user manual and have come up completely empty.

Thanks!

NJBlackBerry
07-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Trying to get around an IT Policy that a company is enforcing on a company supplied BlackBerry could get you fired.

I don't think you are getting to find much here.

Dubdub
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Agree with NJ. It is locked down for a reason. Don't try to circumvent an IT Policy. Maybe a chat with your BES Admin or IT Department might be advisable?

rambo47
07-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Definitely ask before trying anything. You might also inquire about getting your work email on a personal/non-BES connected BlackBerry. The downside of that is that you pay all the bills. The upside is no IT Policy and no restrictions. It's rare to find a company nowadays that allows this, but if you don't ask you won't know!

Frank Castle
07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Being a BES admin I have many of the popular apps configured to push to users. I don't advertise it as I realize there are some things that do extend and add to the BB functionality. If I don't have a software configuration I usually push an exception policy for a day to let you do what you need ..

Free beer works good too :)