PDA

View Full Version : Sync my BB 8900 with my iTunes please HELP

GT_Superstar
07-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Greetings All

I have tried to sync my BB 8900 with my itunes using BlackBerry Media Sync. I can see that my BB has connected and I can see my playlist but it is coming up with this message.

Ensure that a media card is present and inserted correctly, and that media card support is turned on. Reconnect your device and try again.

I have been into the settings and media card support is turned on but it still comes up with the message.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Sorry I should have said if you didnt already realise im using a Mac

MidnightDraven
07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Then theres your problem, as the software isn't designed for use with a Mac.

GT_Superstar
07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I downloaded media sync for mac from the BB website.
Its not a full version but says it should still work.

MidnightDraven
07-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Ah, I wasnt aware of standalone media sync, only that which comes with Desktop Manager v5

not sure then.
perhaps take out the media card and reinstert it?

rambo47
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Copy-protected music will not play on a BlackBerry. Any songs you bought through iTunes probably has Apple's DRM (Digital Rights Management) and is thereby copy-protected. Stuff you bought on a CD and ripped into iTunes should be fine.

GT_Superstar
07-30-2009, 02:45 AM
It is a cd that im trying to put on. Im confused why wont it work. I can see that my BB is connected to my mac, as it is telling my in Media Sync. Rubbish!!!!

rambo47
07-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Media Sync sucks. Hard. Mac support for BlackBerry sucks. Hard. I've found the only way to get music onto my BB reliably is to drag and drop, directly from my Mac onto the Music folder on my mounted BB's media card.

Understand that the BlackBerry was never designed as a media player. It seems like RIM added media features almost as an afterthought so they could say, "yeah, our devices can do that too." Also, BlackBerry was never designed with Mac support in mind. They've ignored Macs until fairly recently. PocketMac works ok with older Macs, and Missing Sync works with some that don't play nice with PocketMac. In another week or two we get BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac from RIM. I'm hoping this gives us Mac users a degree of parity with the Windows world we've only been able to get so far with hacks and work-arounds.

GT_Superstar
07-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah tell me about it. I have only just had my BB but it too late for me to take it back. I really wish I had listened to my friends and got an iPhone.

Oh well only got it for the next 2 years hahahaha

rambo47
07-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Re-sell the BB and pick up the iPhone if iTunes and music are your focus. Or wait 2 weeks and see if the vaunted Mac BlackBerry Desktop Software does the trick. (y)