PDA

View Full Version : When I am trying to reinstall the OS when I go to App Loader it does not recognize

sweepthenation
07-29-2009, 11:30 PM
So I know its my first post on here but I have been lurking for a while whenever I had a problem. But two days ago I got the dreaded 547 error, and after going through many many hours, I seemed to be on the verge of breaking through. I wiped the Blackberry using JL_cmder, I installed the latest OS on my computer and deleted the vendor file, and under connection settings when the Blackberry is plugged in, it says that it detects the device.

However, when I click on the Application Loader to install the OS and get over this entire mess, what happens is a popup saying it does not recognize the device. The battery is pulled, I have followed every guide word for word, but I haven't seen this problem yet and can not find a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS: I have an 8310 and use a Vista

All help is appreciated

fonejunkie
07-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Do you have the phone connected directly to your computer (via a single USB cable)? Or are you connecting through a USB hub? Many of the hubs, even the powered ones do not pass sufficient power through to the phone to allow the OS to see/recognize it.

onlyinhissight
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
I work for Sprint.. and I had an issue with APP 523 with my device..

This is the trb shooting that I did with RIM.. you might try using the external application loader that we used in this process..

The issue I had was that the BB desktop wouldnt see my phone even when the computer did.. here are the steps we posted on our internal bb support KB at work.. its written for my agents and titles for the JVM/APP errors.. but i think a few steps in the process might help with your problem... its pretty broken down.. hope that helps.

APP/JVM ERROR AND THE DEVICE IS NOT DETECTED:

WARNING: This procedure is not for the faint of heart.

First of all, if the customer is receiving a JVM or APP error, the information on the Blackberry is already lost. There is no use attempting to back up at this point. So if they have not backed up previously, either to their PC or their BES server, there will be no recovery of this information.

Open the Device Manager (not to be confused with the Blackberry Desktop Manager).

Verify that there is a 'BlackBerry Smartphone' entry under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Make sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is closed.

Pull battery and connect device (yes, with the battery out).

Download the 4.x.x (4.5 if its a curve) installer from sprint.com/downloads. The customer will be routed to Blackberry's website to download the file which will require a registration. When they find the option to download, be sure to click SAVE not run. Recommend to them that they save it to the desktop.

Run 4.5 executable file.

Open the command prompt.

Type: cd "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader"

The command line will then change to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader>

type: loader.exe /nojvm

The application loader will then launch.

Click Next.

You will see a dropdown list labeled 'Connection' choose the entry that says 'USB-PIN: (user's pin)'.
Do NOT check the box that says 'Detect communication port'.

Click Next.

You will then see a list of the different applications included with the ROM version that you installed previously.
Note: This is a tree path. The BlackBerry 4.x.x System Software heading will have a gray box that cannot be augmented. This is because it is at the top of the tree.

Check off the different core applications, language packs and applications that you want to install making certain to check the 'BlackBerry MDS Default Launcher', 'Blackberry S/MIME Support Package' and 'BrickBreaker' boxes.

Click Next.

The OS and all applications checked will then load into the device. It is at this point that you will want to insert the battery but do NOT manipulate the device in any other way. NO BUTTONS SHOULD BE PRESSED.

Allow the wizard to run (approximately 15-30 minutes).

When done, click Finish and then Close. The device will then take roughly 30 minutes to boot up.

When it finishes booting, the device is in the same state as it would be after a memory wipe. You are then free to perform a restore to put their information back on. Understand that restoring from their backup file may put the same bit of corrupted/incompatible information back onto the device and you will be back at the first step so make sure to tell the customer that if they restore, they are doing so at their own risk.

rambo47
07-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Starting with Desktop Manager 4.7 RIM added "BlackBerry Automatic Update". This must be turned off.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/159789-why-wont-my-os-update-i-deleted-vendor-xml-file.html