PDA

View Full Version : Your unlock code has been changed by your administrator

Quitch
07-30-2009, 05:16 AM
I've had a report from one of my users that every so often their Blackberry password stops working and they get the error "Your unlock code has been changed by your administrator" or "words to that effect". Great.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find any information on any message like this, nor is the password being reset by the administrators as the Blackberrys are encrypted and therefore password resets are not an option.

Anyone got any idea as to the cause?

hdawg
07-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Never heard of this message or anything like it ... try to get the exact verbage

-EOS-
07-30-2009, 08:02 AM
I believe when you select "Set Password and Lock Handheld" on the BES for a device, it displays a similar message on the device.

southpaw35
07-30-2009, 08:17 AM
I had this happen to a user yesterday. I never sent a password change to the phone so I am not sure how it happened. What I did was send a password to the phone and lock it. The password I sent was what he used to lock it previously. That solved the problem. But I would like to know why he got a password reset in the first place.

Quitch
07-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I tested this on my device and the message which appears is "Your administrator has changed your password." I think the phrase "unlock code" is so specific it can't have been imagined.

Never heard of this message or anything like it ... try to get the exact verbage

Heh, that was my first approach and the user promptly threw a bit of a wobbly, complaining that what they'd given us should suffice and we should be able to track it down from there. Problem is they don't seem to realise that the error IS how we track it down and that is how the device tells us what's wrong.

No matter how often you ask for the error message, people never seem to write them down, you get a meaningless paraphrase every time. Sigh.