PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible To Send 18 Text Messages Accidentally Because Your Phone Is Unlocked?

Nu2Bberry
07-31-2009, 10:51 AM

kirrinjones
07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Wirelessly posted

I don't know, is it?

If its in your pocket and unlocked, there's no telling what can happen. Most likely it would make calls, never heard of sending messages, whether sms or e-mails.

Nu2Bberry
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out... it doesn't seem possible because on mu bberry an sms requires multiple steps and the track ball must be moved... I received 14 straight blank texts in 10 minutes... I was told it was the product of an unlocked bberry... it just doesn't seem possible... I have a bberry and there is no way mine could do that,.... it doesn't happen by one button being pressed repeatedly...

kirrinjones
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
That IS a mystery. Don't know what to tell you on this one.

markvan
08-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I got 19 blank SMS from my wife's 8100 just a few days ago. Had to call it before it would stop sending them to me.

So it definitely is possible, and happened to my wife too.

takeshi
08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Certainly possible. Try this:

With an SMS highlighted repeatedly press the trackball. It's pretty easy to send an SMS this way as the default menu options are Reply and Send.

Tell the sender to lock the device or use standby mode.

rambo47
08-03-2009, 10:08 AM
If the messages were sent from a BlackBerry they would be in the messages folder as sent messages, no? That is, unless someone deleted them. If they're not there, they were not sent and it's a billing error by the carrier. If there are 18 sent messages, or messages with multiple addresses in the To field, and they add up to 18, then yup, the BB sent them.

I'm guessing someone got a hold of the BB in question and sent some unauthorized messages while no one was looking.

ReneeMontgomery
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
hahahaha most random post