PDA

View Full Version : Missing Blackberry Browser off my 8800

seanyboy
08-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Hello everyone, new to the forums here, but I just have a problem I just can't seem to fix.

Recently, I got some new Blackberry data plan for my phone (8800 Curve). Apparently the regular Browser is missing. At first I had some message saying that my phone was not connected, usually the message you get if you don't have a data plan with a Blackberry. So I tried taking the battery out, putting it back in, I installed the newest Desktop Manager, and installed the latest updates onto my 8800.

Whenever I do a search through the icons for the Blackberry Browser, I cannot find it..all I can find is the WAP Browser. So I went into the Advanced Options, went to Browser, and the only thing I can select for Default browser configuration is WAP Browser. I also tried going to "Host Routing Table", then clicking "Register Now". Still no icon (even after selecting "Show All").

Also, ever sicne I updated, it appears MSN disappeared off my phone..no biggie, since I don't use it, but it might be worth mentioning.

Does the 8800 only have WAP Browsing, or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance, look forward to your replies!

Black-Berry
08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
you should check the plan which is activated on the SIM card
internet browser should display automatically once the device is register on the wireless network

seanyboy
08-04-2009, 02:13 AM
Sorry, what do you mean by check the plan which is activated on the SIM card?

Black-Berry
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Services which are activated on the SIM card

seanyboy
08-04-2009, 02:43 AM
I've made sure the plan was added and activated on my SIM card.

I also tried removing the old email address, taking the battery out, etc. when I go to "Host Routing Table", there's nothing there to use "Register Now" on, either. Anyone else have any ideas?

Black-Berry
08-04-2009, 03:13 AM
If there is not entry in Host Routing Table that means that the service are not properly provisioned on the SIM card

to test it kindly send the PIN to PIN message to the same Blackberry device

option> status> on pin copy pin
compose a new pin message in to filed past the copied pin type the subject line and send it and observed the status

it should give a cross mark ...... just open the cross mark mails and read the status ....it will surely help you for troubleshooting the issue

seanyboy
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Alright thanks I'll try that, I have to head out to work, but I'll do it tonight.