PDA

View Full Version : A question on BES

codyman
11-26-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm about to get a 7290 on T-Mobile from my compsny using BES.

I currently have a 7100t which is not BES (I use desktop redirector).

I'm about to replace my Samsung i600 (vzw personal cell phone) with a 7130e (I get great service from vzw at home office)

I do not get service from T-Mobile at home office.

My plan was to use 7130e with redirector for when I'm out of the office on local trips.

I use 7100t on company phone line.

So, I'm about to get a BES enabled 7290 but like I say I don't get service where I live.

My question (and I did try searching) is when I'm in my home office using outlook on my laptop is there a way to turn BES off, then before I leave on a trip is there a way to turn it back on (is there some option that gets put in outlook or is there some utility I can run).

Please help, I have to decide if I want the 7290 very soon or try to convince them to give me a 7250 (vzw). I do travel internationally so if I can turn BES on/off easily this would be the best option for me as it is a GSM unit.

Also, if I can turn BES off/on from my laptop could I also use re-director to my 7130e (when I get it this week) from when I'm making local trips where T-Mobile does not have service.

If all of this is easy I'll be able to sell my 7100t, have the 7290 on my work cell line and the 7130e on my personal cell line.

Berry One
11-26-2005, 05:15 PM
You have too many blackberries, man.

Keep just one, for both personal and business emails. Make your life easier.

It may sound unorthodox, but if you need second phone line just buy yourself cell phone.

codyman
11-26-2005, 05:46 PM
you are correct, which is why I will sell the 7100t on e-bay once I get the one from the company.

I also have a home business and want to have my vzw line with a bb so I can get and send e-mails to that for my other business - I don't want to mix work and my side business on the same device.

So, now we have analyzed my situation, decided I have more bb's than you think I need can you please answer my question....

Berry One
11-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Can you repeat the question?

codyman
11-27-2005, 09:52 AM
very funny. Thanks for the help.

blablabla13
11-27-2005, 10:45 PM
If the BES is 4.0, stop email to your BB by going into the mail icon, click in and go to options->email settings->send email to handheld=set this to No.
You can also do this from redirector settings in Desktop Manager.
If the BES is not 4.0, you can set this from Redirector Settings in Desktop Manager.

codyman
11-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Great, thanks for your help.