PDA

View Full Version : Brand new BB noob but have a problem with my insurance

Marruenda
08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I got a blackberry Bold. 2 weeks ago. My first Blackberry Im a huge WM nerd, I never had a phone that isnt windows mobile. so it was awkward for me making the change but i love it.

a week after i got it. I got my phone stolen in the gym. i called asurion which is the AT&T provider for my Phone. and they made me feel like crap. Accusing me of fraud. denying my claim. then finally they said okay but we'll charge you 200 for the deductible. Now i was pissed

spening 300 on the phone plus 200 (+ tax). a total of 500 bucks. oh well my fault for not taking care of it.

but 2 hours ago . a staff from the gym called me telling me they found my phone. now after spending a lil bit over 600 In just the bold and getting called a liar and theif by both att and asurion. I would hate to give it back to them and not get atleast a sorry. but i dont want to be a bad guy here and sell it for profit. can i keep it ? as a backup? or no. i mean dont want to commit fraud here but with the service they gave me. idk.

and i herd AT&T doesnt blacklist lost or stolen IMEI's like some other carriers would do. what should i do?

Marruenda
08-05-2009, 09:23 PM
anyone can help me out? i really dont wanna ask my local AT&T store lol

scaevola
08-05-2009, 11:52 PM
the deductible with at&t if you have the insurance policy with them is $150.

And yes they can blacklist and block the IMEI codes. Especially if you report it...I can't advise whether that is procedure or not.

Assuming you do not have the 2nd phone...already you could explain what happened or not. I would... refurbished phones tend to be very iffy imho especially refurb blackberries in my experience.

The patrons of this forum are not a fan of misleading a carrier as that is considered fraud.

I paided $399 for the phone from the carrier w/ a new contract....you got a deal!

dankarlinski
08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

You paided eh? Lol

Anyways, like it was said, you can keep it and or sell it, but there is no guarentee the company (att) won't block the imei and turn it into a paperweight.

Your best bet it to return it or decline the delivery of the replacement(if u haven't gotten it yet)

Marruenda
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I dont want to fraud. like i stated.

anyways. so i been using the phone asurion sent me. and my first phone aka the one i lost. is here too. i use the phone i got sent. to avoid anyproblems.

i talked to one of the guys here at AT&T he said i should just keep the phone since its all dealt and finish with. so idk ha

rambo47
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
It's probably been blacklisted and is all but useless. I'd call them back and try to get it reversed. And who cares what a bunch of dooshbags at an insurance firm think? They're nothing more than naval lint themselves, so laugh at them. (y)

ReneeMontgomery
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
ay caramba!

ReneeMontgomery
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
this is always a problem!

ashleyneicole
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Here's a question....have you put your SIM card into your "recovered' phone to see if it's been blacklisted or not?

I think it all depends on your conscious. If you feel guilty about it, give Asurion a call, let them know the situation and tell them you are sending the phone back to them and would like your money back. If they pitch a fit, you pitch one right back. Ask for supervisors, for anyone higher up, as much as you can. In most cases, when that happens, they try to appease you because the theory is no one will have that much of a fit unless it was legitimate.

If you don't want to go through the trouble, keep the replacement and sell it or use it as back up. Even though this could be considered fraud, you didn't intentionally commit it. Proof of that is the fact that the gym called you to tell you they found the phone. Whoever made that phone call to you is a witness that the phone was legitimately lost and recovered.