PDA

View Full Version : Help with my blackberry messenger please? (I have a pearl)

ros_1033
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
My sister and i both got blackberry pearls recently, and i wanted to add her on Blackberry Messenger. I added her pin number to add her as a contact, and it said she was a pending request. Apparently, she is suppose to get a request so i can officially add her as a contact, but she didn't get a request. Then she did the same for me, and entered my pin to add me as a contact, and i also didn't get a request from her to be a contact. what's going on? Her name is still under my pending contact list, and she didn't get an acceptance thing. I'm so confused. I just need to know how to accept a contact request. Can you help me please?
:?:?

jacobsaa
08-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Delete her name from a pending contact. Retry it. Enter her pin in your phone, and your's in her phone. Have her send a request to you. Make sure you select PIN as the means of invitation.

kirrinjones
08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Wirelessly posted

Have to ask, do you both have BlackBerry data plans?

ros_1033
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
what's a blackberry data plan? So obviously, that's my problem... Does it cost a lot to add that to your plan? because i got the phone in the middle of my plan.

kirrinjones
08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
A BlackBerry data plan is required to get all the data functionality of the BlackBerry. There are some features (for example, BlackBerry Messenger) that will only work if you have a BlackBerry data plan, that will include all the required configurations (service books) to get your BlackBerry to have all its features activated.

I can't tell you what your data plan will cost, I guess you could just go in and ask them to tell you the data plans that they have for the BlackBerry, and then you can decide which one fits your budget (if you have a choice)

jsconyers
08-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Take a look at this : What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)