PDA

View Full Version : QQ - Registry key to quicken the read/unread marks reconcilation

noname
08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

As per title: QQ - Registry key to quicken the read/unread marks reconcilation, anybody knows what is the reg key to use for BES Domino? Thanks in advance....

Aroc
08-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Is this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/165544-folder-rescan-time.html

what you want?

noname
08-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Yes, I know the "by default" behaviour and I want to quicken the processing to less than 30 minutes.

noname
08-14-2009, 11:31 PM
OK, I didn't read properly, my bad. Ok in the spirit of sharing:-

Control the interval at which the BlackBerry Messaging Agent reconciles the read and unread status for messages between users’ BlackBerry devices and the email applications on users’ computers (SDR 103724, SDR 171419)

1. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents, create a DWORD value that is named FolderRescanTime.

2. Double-click the new DWORD value.

3. In the Value data field, type the interval, in seconds, that you want the BlackBerry Messaging Agent to reconcile the read and unread status of messages for users. The default value is 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

4. Restart the BlackBerry Messaging Agent.

Note: If you set the reconciliation interval too low, there might be a potential performance impact on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and your organization’s messaging server. If you set the value to 0, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server might stop responding.