PDA

View Full Version : Unable to perform Enterprise Activation on Devices

gofast
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

I am new to BES and have downloaded and installed a trial version of BES 5.0 and put on the latest maintenance pack connected to a 2003 Exchange Server. I am unable to activate any devices; I perform the wireless activation, I receive an e-mail in my inbox for the activation, the e-mail is then deleted from my inbox 10-20 minutes later, and eventually the phone errors out with the message:

" The server is not responding. Please contact your system administrator"

Upon looking in the error logs, I find this type of error message:

[BIPPe] (90) Attempt to connect with invalid UID:<SRP# here>
and
server lost SRP connection with UID :<SRP# here> [LEX577:3200] due to java.io.EOFException>

I have read several threads on people having the same type of issue and have performed connection troubleshooting, registry checks, etc... and all of mine have been fine.

This server was just create less thatn 2 weeks ago so I know my trial period is still valid.

I have also signed up for the 1 free incident with Blackberry support but have not received the reply e-mail that should have come back a day or two later.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

prdaley
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
In my case if I open the mailbox test e-mail it breaks the activation. In my case that test e-mail pops into the user's mailbox and then disappears a few seconds later. Try leaving the e-mail alone and see if that works.

gofast
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
I never manually delete the message - something else deletes it (BES?)

penguin3107
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
[BIPPe] (90) Attempt to connect with invalid UID:<SRP# here>
and
server lost SRP connection with UID :<SRP# here> [LEX577:3200] due to java.io.EOFException>

Sounds like RIM has disabled that SRP for some reason.
Have you called them to ask if your SRP is still valid?

In BAS, what's the status of your SRP? Does it show as Connected?

gofast
08-12-2009, 03:39 PM
penguin3107,

In BAS, the SRP shows disconnected. Next Action ITem is to call RIM? Thanks.

penguin3107
08-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, first make sure your network/firewall configuration is correct.
BES needs to be able to reach RIM's network on TCP port 3101... so make sure port 3101 is opened for Outbound Initiated Bi-Directional traffic from your BES.
(You don't need any inbound ports opened.)

If port 3101 is open... and your SRP still shows Disconnected... then look to see if your BlackBerry Router service is running.
If it's not running... try to start it.
If it won't start... then you're going to need to call RIM to check on the validity of that SRP.

gofast
08-13-2009, 08:10 AM
The address that the SRP was pointed to was "localhost" instead of the blackberry website. As soon as I changed that to the proper address, the initialization took off.
Thanks for your help.

RJeffDay
08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Make sure you have a BES account on your cell phone from your provider...

penguin3107
08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Make sure you have a BES account on your cell phone from your provider...

Besides this issue already being resolved... How is that relevant to an SRP connection problem?