PDA

View Full Version : Bold 9000 (O2 UK) - Default Document Software

bbadam
08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi

Looking to update to Bold 9000 or Curve 8900 on O2 UK but could do with some more info on the default document management software.

Does the OS have the ability to compose, edit and view popular document types (doc, xls)? Or does any software which does allow this come preinstalled on either of the devices?

If neither of the above can anyone recommend a package?

I've checked the O2 site and phoned up their customer services and got little sense from either so any info would be useful

Thanks

andrew-webber
08-13-2009, 02:16 AM
I have a curve 8310 on O2, so I think that this should be relevent to your Bold or Curve 8900.

I think that the 4.6 OS will come pre-installed (if not you can download it) with the "standard" version of Documents to go (PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz (http://www.dataviz.com)) which enables you to VIEW ONLY .pdf .doc .xls and .ppt files.
If you wish to create new documents and or edit them on the Blackberry you will have to upgrade to the premium version of documents to go, which costs around £60, I think.

HTH

skyman84
08-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Documents to go, std edition which is included in all BlackBerry devices these days (in the UK) allows you to edit and save word excel and ppt docs, the only thing it wont let you do until you upgrade to the premium version is create new documents. If you make sure to create a blank one on your PC and copy it to your BB, then there's no need to worry!

Even without Docs to go, the BB nativly supports most widly used file formats.

bbadam
08-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I assumed it would be something like that.

Thanks for the upgrade dodging tip skyman!