PDA

View Full Version : microsd card won't say in on the 8230?

chillbilly
08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
I got a brand new 8230 a couple days ago and bought a 4GB lexar MicroSD HC card. When I press the card in all the way (with the metal pins facing the front of the device), I can hear two clicks but the card doesn't lock into place like I expect it should. I've tried putting as much pressure on it as I'm comfortable with but it still won't stay in. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

rambo47
08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
You shouldn't need to put much pressure on it to get it to seat and stay seated. Could you be pushing it in upside down? There should only be a single click as it goes in, and then it should rebound a fraction of an inch before staying put.

chillbilly
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
The second click is when the card starts to come back up. I'm pretty sure it's in the right way -- pins toward the face of the phone, the little fingernail groove/edge is facing towards the back. (Not to mention it doesn't fit any other way.)

rambo47
08-14-2009, 12:52 PM
If it won't stay seated there may be a problem with your particular unit. I'd take it back and let a store rep try it. If he cannot get it to say put they'll exchange your BB for a new one. Sounds defective.