PDA

View Full Version : 7130/gmail/random general question

jumanji
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I am a relative neophyte to the Blackberry world and have something odd going on. I have a new 7130 and getting my work Outlook mail through my companies BES. I also have 2 personal gmail accounts that I am having forwarded through the Verizon Blackberry email configuration web page. Everything is working great...except...whenever I *send* an email through the gmail *web* interface on a PC, I get a copy of my sent email forwarded to my blackberry. I made sure my email address wasn't cc'd on the emails. Any ideas on how to stop this? I looked through the filters on on the verizon blackberry email configuration page and don't see one that looks like it would work. Thanks for the help.

penguin3107
11-28-2005, 10:58 AM
This issue has been discussed many times before. Just do a search for 'gmail' or 'gmail sent' and you'll get a bunch of hits for posts related to your issue.

jumanji
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok, I have searched ad nauseum and have seen other people having this problem, just no solutions. I have no changed my gmail to foward to my BB, not pop. Everything there is working great...however whenever I send an email through gmail on my PC, the sent message gets forwarded to my gmail. It is very annoying. So any help would be appreciated. If you have seen a thread where this problem is solved, I would appreciate a pointer.

Thanks.

jumanji
12-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Anyone have an idea?

internetizen
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I think the problem is less so with the bb but with gmail. If I send an email using the web interface I would get a copy of it in my pop3 client (thunderbird) But I don't get that on my bb, even though that acct does forward. My setup is that I have gmail forward it to my bb, and not bb fetch it. hope that helps.

jumanji
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
I also have gmail forwarding to my BB. So you *don't* get a sent email on your BB when using the web client?

internetizen
12-01-2005, 02:35 PM
no. but i am not using BES at all. So the setup being:
I) mail that is sent to foobar@<hidden> gets forwarded to foobar@<hidden>
II)If i write an email from foobar@<hidden>, i get a copy of that email to my pop client, but THAT email doesn't get forwarded to my BB
In fact, i use the Blackberry Internet email to connect to an Exchange server without the duplicate mail issue.
I used to use the BB internet to fetch gmail, but i found it rather cumbersome to setup and change (i change passwords frequently) so the forwarding seems more straightforward.

JROCK2004
12-02-2005, 10:35 PM
in the blackberry webclient do you have your gmail accounts setup in there? If so remove them. If you are fowarding to the blackberry e-mail address there is no need to have it in there too.