PDA

View Full Version : myspace icon?!?!?!?

robertmacdo93271
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I had this same problem before and apparently I'm too retarded to remember how I fixed it. My phone is showing me that I have a myspace alert. When I open the myspace app, it shows me a message in my inbox. I go to my inbox, the first new message just says loading. No matter how long I allow myspace to try to load this new message, it never loads. I can't delete the message or anything until it completely loads.

I went and signed into myspace from opera mini, deleted the new message thinking that maybe that's how I fixed the problem in the past and no good. I've closed out the app, I've tried to update the software, soft reset, anything short of downloading the myspace app again.

My thinking was that because after a soft reset that the icon comes back on its on, that the same thing may happen with a fresh myspace download.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

robertmacdo93271
09-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Deleting myspace didn't fix the problem. After the restart, and deleting the modules, the myspace icon issue was no more.

Oddly though, after the restart, there is a strange "shortcut". It is titled "nascar sprint cup mobile." I already have the app on my phone, the shortcut leads me to a dead end.

I tried to delete everything from my applications and modules that said anything about nascar sprint cup. To no avail though. I have hidden the icon on my main menu, but knowing that its still there is aggravating me.

Please help!!! Thanks in advance. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

monkeee2002
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Not sure what's up with your FB icon, but I had the same issue with the Nascar icon as you: new icon, from no where, leads to a dead link, and is not removable. This must be some random publicity stunt from Sprint/Nascar, and not related to your FB problem.

(in short, the two issues are likely unrelated)