PDA

View Full Version : Outlook between 3 PC's???

matty722
08-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Wirelessly posted

Hello & thanks in advance for any light shed here. I’m new to blackberry and have been using a plain Jane phone since my Treo 650! I spend a large majority of my days in front of a computer so I’m primarily interested in using the 8330 to sync my 3 separate outlooks updated. Its either that or I go exchange server and I’d prefer not to. All my mail accounts are IMAP so I’m looking to have the unit update contacts, tasks, notes & the calendar. To complicate the situation further I will not be activating the phone until I am sure it will serve my purposes. Will I be able to use the 8330 to sync all this and also have off line copies of emails on the handheld? Thanks for any help here.

MidnightDraven
08-19-2009, 03:17 PM
BIS (the thing you pay for email push) does only that. email.
to sync calendar, contacts and tasks, you need to install desktop manager and use the usb cable to do a manual sync.

The only way to get automatic, wireless sync is to be activated on a BES (blackberry enterprise server).

matty722
08-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Wirelessly posted

Ok. I'm going to get started on the DTM now and try the manual sync. Thank you Midnightraven

MidnightDraven
08-20-2009, 05:20 AM
no probs.

takeshi
08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
To complicate the situation further I will not be activating the phone until I am sure it will serve my purposes.
You're not going to get email on it without a data plan (i.e. without activating).

daphne
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Also you can't activate the phone on Verizon without a data plan.