PDA

View Full Version : "scrubbing" blackberry WTH?

gknee
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Could someone please help me? My phone was lying on my desk when the screen went blank except for a strip that looked like it was loading something. It simply said above the 'loading' bar "scrubbing".

Does anyone know what is going on with that? Our provider has never heard of it. Can someone who has access to our co. account do that?

It wiped everything off my blackberry, EVERYTHING!!

Anybody please??

Gknee

juwaack68
08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Sounds like someone wiped it, and it has content compression (or it might be content protection) turned on. That scrubbing will take a while...like and hour or more.

gknee
08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
so admin could have done this?

That is the only person besides our GM (my husband) who has access to our co. phone acct.

I sure appreciate your quick response!

juwaack68
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, an Admin could have done it, but would they have a reason to do that? Also, if there is a password on your device, and someone typed in the wrong unlock password 10times in a row, it would do the same thing.

gknee
08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
There seems to be a power struggle here and I have a very strong opinion and voice my REAL CONCERNS for the company and have been for 1.5 yrs. It is coming to the surface by my "whistleblowing".
It was not putting in passwords wrong. My phone had been sitting on my desk all day right beside me. It just started scrubbing by itself.
The IT fella is on the phone account. He has also been holding important emails that might damage his power circle. I am not very quiet about it at all and it wouldnt surprise me if it is retaliation.

Unbelievable what crooks will stoop to!

juwaack68
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
If you have that sort of crap going on there maybe it's time to move on...

juwaack68
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
If you have that sort of crap going on there maybe it's time to move on...