PDA

View Full Version : 8330 no web no email

darkberry656
08-20-2009, 01:18 AM
hello, i'm new at BB's and im having a problem, i bought a flashed bb8330 and i just took it to cricket yo move my number but i cannot use the internet or add an email account(it doesn't show icons), i was reading something about a BB data plan or something like that, i tried to make an account but it asks me for a password. PLEASE HELP!!!!

akosnitzky
08-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Yes. Check with your carrier to get a data plan.Your phone has no wifi. Nonetheless, without a data plan, all you will have is voise and sms text messages. No email, no internet and no ability to download programs. Very limited user experience.

Dubdub
08-20-2009, 07:06 AM
And it must be a Blackberry dataplan.

darkberry656
08-21-2009, 02:33 AM
do i have to make an account with blackberry enterprise?

Motorcycle Mama
08-21-2009, 06:15 AM
No. You just need to have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) added to your account.

daniam
08-21-2009, 06:38 AM
i had the exact same problem, i just bought mine 3 days ago, same model (on sprint network).

at the sprint store after returning there, they told me they could not provision the data for it because there was currently a nation wide problem, idk if it is just with this model or what, and i have the data plan and everything for this as well

i am currently awaitng a call from india to help rectify my issues

lmk if they are able to get you online

Dubdub
08-21-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't think Cricket offers BB data, so no email and very limited Internet with a generic data plan.

Have also heard that you can ONLY get data if you have one of their devices. Not a Cricket user, so I can't verify that statement, yet.

Dubdub
08-21-2009, 06:49 AM
i had the exact same problem, i just bought mine 3 days ago, same model (on sprint network).

at the sprint store after returning there, they told me they could not provision the data for it because there was currently a nation wide problem, idk if it is just with this model or what, and i have the data plan and everything for this as well

i am currently awaitng a call from india to help rectify my issues

lmk if they are able to get you online

Totally different issue. The OP is on the Cricket network. According to your profile, you are on Sprint.

Your issue has nothing to do with that of the OP.

daniam
08-21-2009, 06:59 AM
not sure, but i got the exact same message about the enterprise software on the exact same phone, and mine is seeing no internets at all

all the folders in my phone that are described to have certain features are very empty, and after talking to some sprint reps, it is because of lack of the web on my device, (this is making me very sad still, lol)