PDA

View Full Version : vibe+tone = no sound.

MikeyDubz
08-21-2009, 03:07 PM
hey this is my first post. finally made the switch to bb with the curve 8330. One problem I noticed is when I switch the vibrate and tone my ring tone and notification sounds don't go off. At first I was freaking out, but I did a battery pull and it worked again. But then I tried to put it back on vibe+tone and same thing (thats how I pinpointed the problem, I remember changing the option the night before) I didn't try leaving it on vibe+tone b4 the battery pull but i why would I have to pull the battery everytime I want to change the option?!?!
Should I bring it back??

Oh and it's not on mute, i checked a million times when I didn't know whats wrong, and the phone is one day old.

Please Help, Mike

ps. not sure if changing it from vibe to tone has the same effect.

usblues1965
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know, I have mine set to vibe+tone it works fine unless I have my profile set to vibe, or sleep, or quiet. That profile setting will override what each notification is set to.

MikeyDubz
08-22-2009, 03:01 AM
yea I know. i have my profiles set the way i want them. Its some glitch when I fiddle with the setting i have to do a battery pull to make my ringtone turn on again.

Im guessing im just going to have to set it the way i want and leave it alone

Creka
08-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Would the ring tone notification comes on after the vibration? The profile is a little strange, the vib+tone profile will vibrate first with no tone, then it will turn to no vibrate but tone if you have not answered the call.

They should add in the profile where vib and tone notification on together