PDA

View Full Version : headphone mute or busted?

goosepilot
08-24-2009, 04:52 AM
I can no longer hear anything through my headphones. Did I unknowingly mute the headphones or did the jack go bad. I hear brief static when I plug in or unplug. Jacks for both my headsets fit very tight and hard to pull out. Have to twist back and forth and pull

Trimix
08-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Tmo's cheapest BB customer)

The jack on your headpones or the jack on the phone might have gone bad/damaged. If it is muted, you should see an icon on the call screen letting you know its muted. You can also try pressing the mute key several times while in a call to see if that doesn't change anything.

Tragic
08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Try to borrow some headphones from someone to see if it works, if not... bad headset jack. Even if it appears to feel snug, the solder on the main board may have broken off without you being able to tell the difference. Seen it happen on the charging port as well.

takeshi
08-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it even possible to mute the headphones? Doesn't mute only affect the mic?

goosepilot
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Are all jacks/plugs that tight on the blackberrys. Both of the headphones i had were hard to plug in and harder to unplug

Trimix
08-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Is it even possible to mute the headphones? Doesn't mute only affect the mic?

Oh you're right. Mute only mutes the mic not the speaker. You can still hear the other person.

Are all jacks/plugs that tight on the blackberrys. Both of the headphones i had were hard to plug in and harder to unplug

I would say its snug, but I wouldn't consider it hard to plug/unplug.