PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 7730 with no software......

Johnskiff
11-29-2005, 05:10 AM
Hello Folks,

I'm wondering if any of you can help me, I've recently been given a 7730, the problem is it has no software in the box all I have is the instruction manuals and a couple of USB docking stations. From what I can understand i require Blackberry enterprise software on my PC before I can even charge the unit up.

I've been in contact with Blackberry and they won't help, and I believe that it was purchased through Vodaphone, but I have no proof of purchase, so they won't help either. Plus I've got to be honest I'm not the most technically minded chap, so I'm a little lost.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the unit up and running.

Cheers John.

NJBlackBerry
11-29-2005, 06:25 AM
You don't need BlackBerry Enterprise Server. You need the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. Go to the RIM support web site at http://www.blackBerry.com and download Desktop Manager. Install that and you can at least install it and charge the BB.

Next step is to read the sticky threads at the top of the General BlackBerry page and see how you can set up your e-mail.

That should get you started.

Johnskiff
11-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Ta very much I'll have a go of that when I get home and see how it all pans out.

I'll come back to you if I'm still struggling.

Cheers John.