PDA

View Full Version : Length of Time for Contact Sync

Jcaiola
11-29-2005, 01:35 PM
We're using Exchange 2003, Exchange 5.5 and a BES 4.0 server.

We've tried to trick the server by adding a "Global" folder underneath the contacts folder so that the bulk of our GAL will come over to the Blackbery during the sync. That works pretty well for us.

However, if we have a new person, we've been adding that person to the "Global" address folder of the individuals that we somehow can't teach to use the Lookup feature. While this is dangerous for a few reasons (missed someone, doesn't help us with people who have left, maintenance is a nitemare, etc.), it works okay.

However, we can't pin down the amount of time the sync of a contact folder with the device takes. Is there an expected amount of time that we should expect that a contact that is placed in the contact folder will find its way to the Blackberry? And... can we control that if we wanted to.

Thanks

Jcaiola
11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
We have a single Blackberry (7230) that refuses to sych the Notes folder. What's odd, is that we have other Blackberry 7230s that sync without issue.

Any ideas?

jcoke
11-29-2005, 02:54 PM
We have a single Blackberry (7230) that refuses to sych the Notes folder. What's odd, is that we have other Blackberry 7230s that sync without issue.

Any ideas?

^-- Kind of off-topic in this thread. Anyway I too have this problem with the majority of my users. RIM wasn't any help other than to say that it should be fixed in the next service pack, SP2 was in style at the time. Still doesn't work.

Jcaiola
11-29-2005, 03:56 PM
thanks - my fault it was supposed to be a new thread.