berryapps
12-06-2004, 08:23 PM

Gothalyptic
12-06-2004, 08:30 PM

WorldIRC
12-06-2004, 11:44 PM

Nicholasp27
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Can somebody please help me configure my 7290 from Cingular?

I was under the impression that Cingular now had MDS/BES, as does v3.8, so I would not need to get an MDS/BES provider separately. I put in the apn settings (isp.cingular) and I have the Blackberry Browser service book, but my default browser is Cingular browser and I can't change that. I can go to most html sites, but I still can't view the graphics from plazmic (www.blackberry.com/demoportal), so I don't think I have full functionality yet. I can d/l pictures and .jad from the browser, but I can't open picture email attachments. Do I just delete the Cingular browser from my service book to get the Blackberry Browser? Or is there something else I need to do? Any help or pointers to help would be greatly appreciated.

TMPhoneBerry
01-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Can somebody please help me configure my 7290 from Cingular?

I was under the impression that Cingular now had MDS/BES, as does v3.8, so I would not need to get an MDS/BES provider separately. I put in the apn settings (isp.cingular) and I have the Blackberry Browser service book, but my default browser is Cingular browser and I can't change that. I can go to most html sites, but I still can't view the graphics from plazmic (www.blackberry.com/demoportal), so I don't think I have full functionality yet. I can d/l pictures and .jad from the browser, but I can't open picture email attachments. Do I just delete the Cingular browser from my service book to get the Blackberry Browser? Or is there something else I need to do? Any help or pointers to help would be greatly appreciated.

Call cingular and ask them to enable BB html browser

tex
01-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Nicholas

Please let me know what happens when you call Cingular. I am fighting somewhat the same problem, and have had no luck. Thanks

Nicholasp27
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
sure
i called earlier and on hold for a long time and gave up for now...i'm gonna try to call this evening...i'll let u know what i find out and how i fare...

guinda35
01-04-2005, 07:17 PM
sure
i called earlier and on hold for a long time and gave up for now...i'm gonna try to call this evening...i'll let u know what i find out and how i fare...
I've got a 7290 with Cingular and called them on this issue about 3 weeks ago. I was first told by a Cingular BB rep that the BB browser was not available because of RIM directives, but he agreed to call a RIM technician at my insistence, and was promptly "educated". While RIM confirmed that releasing the BB browser was indeed at the discretion of the carrier, as I insisted, I was nonetheless told that Cingular was simply not doing so.

I've since broken down and paid a one-time $20 fee for the HTML Reqwireless browser, which I've found to be a decent substitute for the BB browser at a reasonable cost.

Good luck. And please give Cingular a piece of your mind if they insist on keeping the BB browser in the basement.

davidpitkin
01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I had a similar problem. I got a new 7290 and the browser did not show up.

To get the browser to show up I was told by support that I should just do:

Settings->Host Routing Table-> then I selected the bold entry and chose "register". I got a sucessful registration email and the browser appeared.

Good Luck

RyanNobrega
01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Nicholasp27 - was that for the Cingular browser, or the Blackberry browser?

FYI- when I spoke w/BB tech support yesterday (@<hidden> Cingular) they said the BB Browser "may" (which I interpreted as "would") be available soon for the 7290.

Guessing this means it will prob be part of 4.0?

Nicholasp27
01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
the Blackberry Browser, not the Cingular browser...i'm pretty sure the Cingular one is what David is talking about...

i want the Blackberry so I can access svg pages like www.blackberryclub.com/demoportal and see the graphical interface, not just text links....