PDA

View Full Version : Constant vmail notifications

juwaack68
09-01-2009, 02:31 PM
This one is quite odd - never seen or heard about it before.

I have a user with a Sprint 8830 (OS 4.5.0.160) and at night his device receives a voicemail notification (the actual text that he has a voicemail) every 2-3 minutes. This just started happening, and he's in the same house and leaves the device in the same place each night. It doesn't happen when he's at work (where we have an in-building signal repeater for coverage).

When he first showed it to me, he had an older OS, so I upgraded it to .160. But it's still happening. The only time I've received duplicate vmail text notifications is if I either reboot my device or I go out of coverage/back into coverage.

I've attached a pic to show what it looks like. Trust me, he doesn't get this many calls in the middle of the night.....

Dubdub
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Has he talked to his carrier yet? Sounds like a carrier issue to me, not a BB/BES issue.

juwaack68
09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Nope, we haven't called Sprint yet. He's the only user reporting it, so I'm not sure if it's a device (old/beaten hardware) or carrier. Seems weird that it happens at night, and not at work, but maybe something is wrong with the towers in his area.

zerog46
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Never saw that one before.

Dubdub
09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Me either, hence the carrier call question.