PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for use of 8300

leilton
09-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Now I know I may not be the smartest kid on the block, but having waited ages (have to be careful on a pension) to get my Blackberry (albeit secondhand),cannot believe that nowhere in the 270 pages of instructions,notes etc.does it show or tell you where the various buttons
controls etc are. Other mobiles have a description of the phone,and showed where each component was. Have I missed something?

Look on internet to see how many people (like me) did not know where the mute button was.:shock:

juwaack68
09-02-2009, 06:50 AM
The Getting Started guide that comes with a new device usually includes a picture of the device with the descriptions of the varioius buttons and such. You may be able to find something like that on www.blackberry.com/downloads.

Are you looking for something specific?

leilton
09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Thank you for your quick response.

All I really needed was something to show what the various buttons/controls were that they advised I use (in the instructions I downloaded). Hence my reference to the mute button, until I read up on the net where it was, I could have spent days trying to find it.

Again thank you, did try the link you gave, but comes back as no longer valid.:-(

usblues1965
09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
Try the link again, it worked for me.

leilton
09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Try the link again, it worked for me.
useblues1965.

Thanks again, on reflection, your reply was just what I needed. Kept trying to find Instructions!!!!, but what I needed, and have now got, was the getting started user guide.

Now just have to find time inbetween learning the Blackberry and the Linux OS I have replaced windows with.

Again many thank for your help

KOR
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Thank you for your quick response.

All I really needed was something to show what the various buttons/controls were that they advised I use (in the instructions I downloaded). Hence my reference to the mute button, until I read up on the net where it was, I could have spent days trying to find it.

Again thank you, did try the link you gave, but comes back as no longer valid.:-(

Link didn't work for me either, but this one might. I found it by searching RIM's site for 'getting started guide'. Hope this helps...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/1462/GSG_8300_BlackBerry_Zen.pdf