PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with the 8700/OS 4.1

bigred
11-29-2005, 11:31 PM
I've noticed a few little bugs with v4.1 on the 8700.
First one is the Agenda bug talked about on this thread.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=20049&highlight=agenda

The second has to do with the BB Messenger. On my 7100 there was a little chat bubble that would display on the main homepage title bar showing you that you had a message waiting. (From what I hear the icon appears on the 7290/80 as well)

Anyone else notice any bugs or glitches?

mtotech
11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Yes, my 7290 also had the Chat bubble notification. Not so with my 8700r. Very annoying.

kjaslow
11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm getting the chat bubble just the same way I did on my 7290...

mortys11
11-30-2005, 05:37 PM
my BIG pet peeve with this 8700 is the chaging of short keys.

in home screen "c" doesnt take you to address book to compose but it will in the message screen.

from home screen i hit green fon button but cant spell the contact like before.

so nowi need to remeber "a" in home screen "c" in message screen to get to contacts the fon button

the order of operation is inconsistent

i have made the front middle button "compose" button

chrisnol
11-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Hoe did you make the middle convenience key"compose"-- I thought you could only make it one of the lister applications. I would like to make it "send" when I am in messages so I don't have to use the trackwheel to call up the send function

mortys11
11-30-2005, 05:49 PM
just made it "address" button

i know what you want...i thought the green button would send messages and fon calls

omslaw
11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Here's one I've noticed...

On my 7290, when in phone mode, I could start typing some letters of a contact's name and the matches would be displayed. I would then be able to select the contact and dial the number(s).

However, on my 8700c, I can't do that! I have to goto Address Book first or select 'Call from Address Book'.

likefre
11-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Here's one I've noticed...

On my 7290, when in phone mode, I could start typing some letters of a contact's name and the matches would be displayed. I would then be able to select the contact and dial the number(s).

However, on my 8700c, I can't do that! I have to goto Address Book first or select 'Call from Address Book'.
Try holding the send key(green key), it will show your list of contacts, highlight the one you wish to call and press the send key again.

mortys11
11-30-2005, 06:09 PM
i did not know that !

thanks

likefre
11-30-2005, 06:11 PM
i did not know that !

thanks

you're very welcome

omslaw
11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Try holding the send key(green key), it will show your list of contacts, highlight the one you wish to call and press the send key again.

AHHHHH! Thank You!!!!

brmcguire
11-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Great tip. I was looking for the same feature as well.

bigred
12-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Here's a interesting bug. If you're in the Password Keeper and go into the options and say No to all 3 password type options, then go to create a new profile and select Generate Password the program will freeze up for a few minutes until the OS kills the process. (One other thing is I had it set to 16 char length)

Another thing I noticed is that in the Calendar when using Month view mode if you extend the work day to 12 hours and you have appointments at the end of the day, the little block that marks their last hour or hour will disappear when you select it and then scroll off of it...

Not really a bug, but something I noticed. The Rogers 8700 isn't black, its actually a very dark, rich blueish colour with a slight hint of purple depending on the lighting.
Even in poor lighting its not hard to see that the BB doesn’t quite match the holster which is in fact totally black.

deezmfnutz
12-14-2005, 07:27 AM

The second has to do with the BB Messenger. On my 7100 there was a little chat bubble that would display on the main homepage title bar showing you that you had a message waiting. (From what I hear the icon appears on the 7290/80 as well)

I DO get the BBmessenger bubble icon when I have a message waiting in BBmessenger. Maybe it has to do with the theme you have selected? FYI - I use BBInsight-Icon.

bperkins
12-14-2005, 08:20 AM

When I first installed BlackBerry Messenger I was not receiving the notification on the home screen. I performed a hard reboot and they began showing up.

14pups
12-14-2005, 10:13 AM
i did not know that !

thanks

Ditto!

joginder
12-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Another bug I listed sometime back is: when you are in address book and type partial letters to find a certain contact. it will go to the name and not if you start deleting that partial typying that you did and delete all the letters and still keep pressing the delete key it will ask you to delete the selected contact. In the 4.0 verson while you are in address book, the only way you could delete a contact was thru the trackwheel.
This is serious bug and I have deleted some entries from my book

Sparkomatic
12-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't know if this is normal or a bug but... I've moved my programs without a shorcut key to the top of my list in the home screen. However, if I press M for messages (which is at the bottom of the list), when I end messages, it goes back to Messages on the home screen and not the top of the list. I wish it would go back to the top of the list and not the name of the last used program.

Bug or just an annoyance?

Yzerguy
12-30-2005, 05:26 PM

At first I thought the BB Messenger chat bubble notification icon was a problem only for the 8700r (Rogers), which I have. But then I read the post about doing a hard reboot and it now works, so if you haven't already tried it, do so.

Now, this isn't a glitch, and I posted about it in the Bluetooth forum but no answers to the issue... My old 7100r will (OS 3.8) will support caller ID in handsfree profile of bluetooth when linked to my car (Acura), more specifically, when there is an incoming call the caller's phone number is forwarded to the display in my car along with signal strength and battery level. The 8700r isn't sending the caller's phone number via handsfree profile on bluetooth, anyone have any ideas. If not who (besides Rogers) can I report this inconvenience to (don't wanna label it a bug)?

gadgetman
12-30-2005, 06:29 PM
In my Acura RL, my 8700c is sending the caller's phone number to the display.

Yzerguy
12-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Hmm, wonder if it's a Rogers thing. Thanks for the reply. FWIW my Acura is a 05 TL, tho' I doubt that'll make a difference.

RoadRider
12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
FWIW, 8700c sends caller id, signal and battery state to HFL in '05 TL

rsun
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
For all the problems people are having, have they tried using the Roger's 8700r firmware's on their 8700c's? The Roger's one is newer.

jliborio
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
on my 8700c and I can see the chat bubble fine on my home screen, handheld v. 4.1.0.194.

using a Theme called Overlord-Icon, it doesn't on the Default Theme BB Dimension list.

-Jrl

Egro
01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Here's another:

[1] Go to Tasks
[2] Filter tasks to a category
[3] Mark a task in that category completed and save
[4] See an empty category

Toggling the Show/Hide Completed setting or refreshing the filter will reinstate the list. This bug seems to only happen the first time upon going to Tasks. Once corrected it is not (consistently) evident.

Other common actions like updating a task or adding a new one in the category also seem to elicit the bug.

PhYrE
01-08-2006, 12:16 AM
STILL MISSING FEATURES

> Call Time: No way to see the time anymore in the call log if the received calls aren't on the current day.

> No way to consider PIN messages differently than an E-Mail message. I consider it more of a SMS message. Need another profile

> No way to have it vibrate WHILE ringing or ring then vibrate.

BUGS
-----
> RIM Yahoo! Messenger
Signing out still leaves you signed in... for hours before you appear offline to other people

Sparkomatic
01-08-2006, 01:06 AM
STILL MISSING FEATURES

> Call Time: No way to see the time anymore in the call log if the received calls aren't on the current day.

> No way to consider PIN messages differently than an E-Mail message. I consider it more of a SMS message. Need another profile

> No way to have it vibrate WHILE ringing or ring then vibrate.

BUGS
-----
> RIM Yahoo! Messenger
Signing out still leaves you signed in... for hours before you appear offline to other people

Call Time - Are you talking about Call Duration? I can see that for every call in my history if I go to the number and then click on View History.

PIN Messages - Can't you designate PIN messages Level One and then set a different alert for them?

Ring/Vibrate - That bugs me too but I don't think it's really a 'bug'. I think Sony Ericsson phones do the same thing (ring then vibrate).

Yahoo - I can't put Yahoo Messenger on mine so I don't know about that one :)