PDA

View Full Version : buy a bb from amazon/ebay/carphonewarehouse??

poison21
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Is it advisable to buy a new phone from Amazon or Ebay? I am worried I might get cheated.

Or should I buy it from carphonewarehouse? (handset only)

Or do you have any other suggestions?

daphne
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Moved to General BlackBerry Discussion

See here for some help with that.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-sell-trade/33987-steps-take-before-buying-selling-used-blackberry.html

monkeypaw
09-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Is it advisable to buy a new phone from Amazon or Ebay? I am worried I might get cheated.

Or should I buy it from carphonewarehouse? (handset only)

Or do you have any other suggestions?
Ebay, by it's nature can be problematic. You don't know who you're buying from.

By your cell provider, I'm guessing you're in India. Otherwise I think you wouldn't be asking about Amazon.com. They're a long standing internet retailer. I buy from them fairly frequently and have since they were just a book seller. I bought an unlocked Motorola Razr from them as the phone prior to buying a Blackberry. They do act a a portal in some cases where another retailer is the one fulfilling the order. I tend to not to buy from them in those cases since the shipping is usually higher, but I haven't had any problems.

poison21
09-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Is there any other store/reliable website in uk where I can purchase a new unlocked phone for a good price. Carphonewarehouse sells only handsets for a few selective models only.

rambo47
09-09-2009, 05:20 AM
If for no other reason than comparisons, check out Horizon Wireless (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com/). Their prices are in Canadian Dollars. Personally, this is the outfit I'd buy from. Excellent support, guaranteed products, and guaranteed service work. And best of all, no hassles like being sold a BB that was reported stolen.

CoryMac
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I haven't bought a blackberry from Amazon, although I have paid for a few other things. Blackberry phones are expensive, and you may be able to buy fake ones. I wouldn't recommend getting one from Ebay, I'd say amazon is the safest....although there is a risk.