PDA

View Full Version : LED and Muting Sound

paulcurtis
09-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Please forgive me if these are daft questions, but I've just got a Bold 9000 and two things puzzle me. I've looked at the FAQs.

1) A recieved SMS will start the LED flashing, but it stops within about an hour - can this time be extended?

2) Turning the speaker off does not appear to fully mute all sound. game sounds and alarm sounds are still audible. I would have thought this option effectively disconnects ther speaker, but not so apparently. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

rambo47
09-15-2009, 05:26 AM
I do believe your only choice for the LED is "on" or "off". That setting is accessible in the individual profiles, like ringtones and message alerts.

Try muting Event Sounds: Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility and turn Event Sounds to Off.

paulcurtis
09-15-2009, 06:19 AM
I do believe your only choice for the LED is "on" or "off". That setting is accessible in the individual profiles, like ringtones and message alerts.

Try muting Event Sounds: Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility and turn Event Sounds to Off.

Thanks Rambo - I only appear to have 'Home Screen Grid layout' and 'Colour Contrast' on the Accessibility window.