PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Rogers Wireless?

Online-Solutions.org
12-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone is using Rogers Wireless for their BlackBerry service? If so, what do you think of the data service so far?

I just setup my BB with Rogers Wireless a few days ago. The BB was defective (7100r) so I have not had a chance to really use the service. My new BB is being delivered today.

Jase88
12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I've used plenty of Blackberries on Rogers, including the 957 (Mobitex), 7280, 7780, 7290.

The service is excellent. Support is the best in Canada.

However, the 25MB cap is a killer. Its very easy to exceed this limit...and overage is costly.

corey@12mile
12-01-2005, 10:09 AM
I use nothing but Rogers... I took a job with a company that had over 100 cell phones and made them switch to rogers... we are much happier now.

cd.

Online-Solutions.org
12-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Great to hear but sadly the network is down right now. Just got my new BB and nothing works :(

corey@12mile
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
give it the 3 finger solute, it'll work

robhawley
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Their GPRS/EDGE network is not connecting to the Internet or to the RIM servers as of some time early this morning (1 Dec 2005).

They say they are working on it.

corey@12mile
12-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I did Alt-Cap-Del at 9:30 this morning, it restarted, hit GSM, gave me data connection refused when trying to authenticate via GPRS, and about 10 seconds later I got hooked up.

I have been sending and receiving fine since without interuption.

cd.

robhawley
12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
As of 11am here in Gatineau, QC all of us are still "data connections refused", even after resetting.

Mantis
12-01-2005, 11:12 AM
hmm, my building is located near toronto. No complaints today... (y)

roofus
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
As of 11am here in Gatineau, QC all of us are still "data connections refused", even after resetting.

Are BlackBerries are allowed in "the People's Republic of Quebec?" I thought you had to call a BlackBerry "la mure" (sorry no circumflex on my keyboard)

roofus
12-01-2005, 11:19 AM
My Bell 7250 is showing 5 bars! Sorry for gloating, but the devil made me do it! I'll try to mend my ways!

robhawley
12-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Well they are all "ontario" numbers, maybe that is the problem :)

ShaneToronto
12-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Rogers was down this morning. It was a blackberry server issue according to their tech support.
Everything seems peachy now though.

I am on rogers, love their service. I've been having nightmares with my defective 7290 but they have done everything to try to repair it. It has been replaced twice. same problem. now I am trying to convince them that it isn't the hardware and they should check their switches. Their one problem is that they assume everything their computer tells them is true and they refuse to trouble shoot their end.

Online-Solutions.org
12-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Funny... When the network came back up they had some other guy's email address pinned to my account because our names were so close in spelling. So I got flooded with over 100 emails for the guy and they had the wrong pin on my account so I was getting emails from several companies for meeting agendas etc...

dtmfjunkie
12-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Funny... When the network came back up they had some other guy's email address pinned to my account because our names were so close in spelling. So I got flooded with over 100 emails for the guy and they had the wrong pin on my account so I was getting emails from several companies for meeting agendas etc...

Anything good in the emails ;)

ShaneToronto
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM

That is rediculous. They processed the PIN attachments MANUALLY? That seems a little funny.

Online-Solutions.org
12-01-2005, 06:27 PM
The emails had PDF file attachments with names like "business_proposal.pdf" and things like that. I didn't open the attachments. I simply deleted all the emails. All I know is next week there are going to be some very upset business people showing up for meetings that were never confirmed because I got their emails...

corey@12mile
12-02-2005, 08:31 AM

That whole statement just doesn't jive... the blackberry.net email and pin mappings have nothing to do with the carrier's connection to the RIM relay. Nothing on the BWC/BIS site was down, which is how I don't understand how anything was changed. The only issue was a failed link to the relay. This would not have sent anyone elses email to you. Are you sure your pdf attachments weren't business_proposal.pdf.vbs?

There is just something not quite right with your whole statement dude.

cd.

Online-Solutions.org
12-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Thats what Rogers Wireless told me... And I was emailing the people back and forth and they were asking me how I get their emails etc...