PDA

View Full Version : Problems wth Google Maps

malarie
09-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Good day.
Yesterday i have upgraded my BB to firmware 4.5. I had 4.2. I am connected to a BEs Server. Since the upgrade, Google maps GPS functions stopped working. when i Try "My Position" I get the Position temporary unavailable message displayed.

I looked at the options, the GPS module is active. I rebooted the device, removed the battery, even reactivated the device with my BES server and its still not working.

Anybody have this issues around Montreal Canada? Is there a better way to check for GPS availability?

I have a 8830 world edition.

Dubdub
09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
If you are on BES, then you need to talk to your BES Admin since Google Maps could be blocked by an IT Policy on your device. Also, if you upgraded the OS you will also need to get your device reactivated on BES by the Admin.

juwaack68
09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
You could try resetting the firewall on your device. Go into Options icon -> Security Options -> Firewall -> Menu button -> Reset Settings.

When you go into Google Maps again, you'll need to allow connection/permissions.

okader
09-24-2009, 09:29 PM
i had the same problem and with other apps. on my BB for the last 5 days i tried every thing from battery pull to wipeout/reinstalled all apps. and then just yesterday it worked normally. it sounds like a BB network problem

malarie
09-24-2009, 09:49 PM
You could try resetting the firewall on your device. Go into Options icon -> Security Options -> Firewall -> Menu button -> Reset Settings.

When you go into Google Maps again, you'll need to allow connection/permissions.

Good idea, I tried but it did not work.. I happen to be the BES Admin... I have no policies enabled to block GPS navigation.

Dubdub
09-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Did you try a battery pull? That fixes a lot of issues.

Have you tried a delete of Google Maps and then a reinstall, perhaps a different version?