PDA

View Full Version : New to cingular and 8700c, have a question

ero2
12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
So I ported to Cingular about 2 weeks ago, originally purchasing a Razr. when I had the Razr no one complained about road noise, and voice echoing. However, ever since getting the 8700c, I have had lots of ocmplaints about this. Is it just native to cingular? Is there a setting I need to enable on my BB?

Thanks guys, had VZW before and never had this problem.

MrH
12-02-2005, 03:01 AM
So I ported to Cingular about 2 weeks ago, originally purchasing a Razr. when I had the Razr no one complained about road noise, and voice echoing. However, ever since getting the 8700c, I have had lots of ocmplaints about this. Is it just native to cingular? Is there a setting I need to enable on my BB?

Thanks guys, had VZW before and never had this problem.

I'll definately say that a bluetooth headset gives better audio quality at this point than the handset does. I almost wonder if it's because the handset's microphone is being used in both handset/speakerphone mode and therefore is more sensitive. I'm sure it's something that will be fixed in future firmware versions since there are bound to be little bugs here or there in the first release of 4.1

nb_mitch
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
It might be a Cingular thing, I know when I switched to ATT/Cingular about 18 months ago, the sound quality on my phone was a huge improvement, but the road noise was a killer. My wife eventually told me to stop leaving voice messages on the answering message because they were completely unhearable.

Now that was on a Samsung phone, but since I have gone to my BB, I have also gone to a motorcycle, so I have to stop and take off me fullface helmet first :)

richard371
12-02-2005, 03:19 PM
My RAZR is much better then the 8700 as a phone. But the RAZR is a phone and that's about it.