PDA

View Full Version : Extra Folders for 8900

CrazyBeautiful
09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I meant "EXTRA"* OOPS SORRY!!!

For the 8900 I know how to create a new folder.
I was wanting to know if there was away I could fill it with different types of things. For example, I use my Blackberry for any and everything possible. Im going to school to be a nurse. I have recorded video of my professors lectures, their power points and microsoft word notes all saved to my phone plus a number of pictures of different things like vertebrae. What I am trying to figure out is if it is at all possible to put all this different media into 1 new folder rather than having it all split up in different/default folders and or mixed in with my regurlar media folder? This way I can have all my school stuff all in one place.

miamirulz29
09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
At this moment, do you go to the media application to access the files?

CrazyBeautiful
10-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Well yes and no. Some of it is under my medial folder. But its split because that is how the media folder is set up. My pictures are in pictures in the media folder then video is in the video under the media folder. But then my power points and word documents are either in my inbox for my email or they are in the documents to go section. So everything I need is all over the place.

I've been meesing with it and I really dont think there is a way to put everything in 1 folder. But thought I might ask, maybe someone here might know a trick.

MidnightDraven
10-01-2009, 05:51 AM
do you have a media card installed or this it only on device memory?

what you do:
create a folder on the media card (or device memory)
by going to media - menu - explore - and going to either media card or device memory
create a new folder
then move everything into that folder (saved attachements, pics, videos etc)

then to view that, you just go media - menu - explore and navigate to the folder.

CrazyBeautiful
10-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Wirelessly posted

Ok I see what you are saying and I've tried it out. But it doesn't let me move video into it. And I also have an app for the NCLEX exam and I can't move that app in to the media card folder. (And Yes I have a media card). When I made the new folder like you said, it will only allow me to move pictures into it.

What I was originally thinking is say you are on the main screen where you can see all the folders. On the 8900 you can go to menu>add folder , you pick out a color or folder you want, name it then its there on your main screen. I was trying to move all my school stuff like, emails, word and power point documents, videos and pictures and my NCLEX app to 1 folder like that.

I tried to do at least media the way you said to create a folder on the memory card but it won't allow my video to be moved into it. My video won't move any where there is no option given to move it.

Thanks for trying to help me.

CrazyBeautiful
10-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Wirelessly posted

Oh and thanks mods for correcting my spelling error in the name of the thread.

MidnightDraven
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
It doesnt work that way.

the menu - add folder is just to add a folder for APPS.
you cant move pics/vids/docs etc into that folder.

just like when creating a folder on the media card, you cant move APPS into it, only pics/vids/docs.

CrazyBeautiful
10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes I have come to figure that out. I have simi figured out away around it though. And after messing with it for a while I have most of my stuff in 1 folder now. Good enough, and as good as it is going to get for now.

I've just created a new folder on my main screen, then took my microsoft word app and power point and pdf apps that have the files saved to them and put them in that school folder. I figureed why not because I only use that stuff for school anyway. Then I put in my NCLEX app plus the app that holds my emails since I never go into that app unless its for school. I went ahead and made a school folder in the media section as well so that at least my school photos can all be in one spot. It's the video I'm having trouble with. I can't seem to move it or email it or do anything with it.