PDA

View Full Version : Solving Duplicate Email Issue..

bhaurajs
10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I have had an interesting few days trying to solve this problem. There are many reasons why you might be getting duplicate emails, lots of documented ones.

One reason that wasn't documented is specific to phones that have been unlocked and are now being used on another network.

It is vital to call up the previous network operator and ask them to remove the BB pin from all there systems. They will not necessarily do it themselves when you close an account.

In my case, ATT still had my PIN associated on their BIS server with my gmail account. The emails pushed from this has the "Sent Using :" as Unknown. So when I set up my BIS on Orange in the UK, with the same gmail account I received each email twice but could only send from one.

Anyway hope this helps.

takeshi
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
It's interesting that the Orange BIS allowed you to associate your BB.

bhaurajs
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Good point, however I think the ATT service book was corrupted, i.e. I couldn't send only receive. I think its something to do with the BB PIN number rather than the network. I am not sure how the BIS infrastructure works but if I ATT BIS had a corrupted Service book and an association with my gmail account, the orange BIS server had the same PIN and SAME email account so might not have been picked up by the error checking.

Anyway a simple call to the carrier fixed the issue. It's a simple problem but one that's had to spot as the corrupted service book/ and association is simple not visible when you are troubleshooting.

Wikichugoku
02-21-2010, 06:33 AM
hi!

my bb was given to me by my aunt as a gift, which she got from T-mobile US. after a few months, i had it checked and fixed so that it can be used here in the Philippines. when i logged on to a wifi network one time, i had my e-mail addy set up, as BIS wasn't working on a previous local mobile network. when i switched mobile networks, i activated my BIS account with them. the redundant e-mails started coming up since then, even now.

i can't remember what happened during the e-mail set up while i was on a wifi network. you think it's a good idea to contact T-Mobile and have them erase my PIN out of their system?