PDA

View Full Version : recording sound on 8900

combatdrums
10-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi all, new to the forum and i was just wondering if you could help me out.
Is it possible to connect a microphone into my 8900 and use it to record sound sort of like a mobile project studio? Im on the road a lot with my band and it would save me from splashing out on a portable project studio recorder.

Cheers Jay

rambo47
10-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you serious!? :-o You want to record your band on a BlackBerry? What kind of quality recording do you expect to get? :?

combatdrums
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
No i think the post has confused you slightly. I want to use it as a portable device so when were out away from our studio we can record ideas, it doesnt have to be great its so you dont forget riffs or lyric ideas thats the idea of portable recording devices, take a look at Rolands CD-2E or Tascams GT-R1 and youll get what i mean.

rambo47
10-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Ah, I though you were looking to replace professional recording equipment with your BlackBerry. If it's ideas you want to keep track of, there is a built-in voice recorder that works over the built-in mic. Beyond that, I don't think there is any way to attach a separate microphone for enhanced quality.

combatdrums
10-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the advice. Ive tried the inbuilt recorder but unfortunately if you play an acoustic guitar near it it becomes ridiculously distorted, no matter how far away in the room the phone is. I think the sensitivity of the inbuilt mic is inadequate for anything other than voice.

FabianMoe
02-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi,
I had the same idea! Isn‛t there a way to connect the blackberry with a mixing board ? I couldnt find any options to change the source. Maybe an App ? I guess it would be interesting for journalist or musicians who wanna record a quick idea, take it home, and write the lyrics....