PDA

View Full Version : Red Light on 8700 Continuously ON

NickZambia
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi i dropped my blackberry into water. i removed the battery and set the phone to dry in the sun.
after this the display unit was very dim.

NOW the unit wont come on at all and the RED Light is continously ON.
Have I fried the unit or what ????

NJBlackBerry
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes it is fried.

Only other thing to try is to remove the battery and put the BB into a bacg of rice and seal it for several days.

Dubdub
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Moved to 8700 section.

Sounds to me like it is done for. I second NJ's suggestion of placing it in a bag of rice for a few days. However, if you turned it on while still damp, it probably fried itself.

Koz152
12-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Wirelessly posted

I had a problem just like yours. I was an electrician, yes was. Now I own my own restaurant. Anyways, I was working in a basement of a half finished elementary school in a bad storm. There were no ceilings or anything. Just foundation and frame. So I dropped my 8700c in a 2 inch puddle. I pulled the battery immediately. Took it home and placed it on my radiator on top of a towel for a day. My phone dried out as much as possible, but somehow I shorted out the mic.
I took it to a cell phone repair guy I knew and he popped my phone open and laughed. Inside was all covered in rust after just one week.
My advice, spend the $40 on ebay to buy a newer phone and throw in your chip or whatever.

Sorry and good luck.