PDA

View Full Version : Gmail - Reply from address

billpoly
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Hello-

I have a Verizon BlackBerry Tour running OS v4.7.1.40. My primary email account is a Gmail account. I am running the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In, in case that matters, but I deal with my messages via the main Messages icon primarily.

Say my primary email address is a@<hidden>. I pull in email from several email accounts to my Gmail account a@<hidden> such as b@<hidden>, c@<hidden>, d@<hidden>, etc.

When I reply from any message that comes from my Gmail account, the From address appears as a@<hidden>. It doesn't matter if the message was originally addressed to b@<hidden>, c@<hidden>, or d@<hidden> - the reply always comes form a@<hidden>.

Is there a way to tell my BlackBerry to respect the original To address and always reply from it?

Thanks!

prasetyadrian
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Hello-

I have a Verizon BlackBerry Tour running OS v4.7.1.40. My primary email account is a Gmail account. I am running the Enhanced Gmail Plug-In, in case that matters, but I deal with my messages via the main Messages icon primarily.

Say my primary email address is a@<hidden>. I pull in email from several email accounts to my Gmail account a@<hidden> such as b@<hidden>, c@<hidden>, d@<hidden>, etc.

When I reply from any message that comes from my Gmail account, the From address appears as a@<hidden>. It doesn't matter if the message was originally addressed to b@<hidden>, c@<hidden>, or d@<hidden> - the reply always comes form a@<hidden>.

Is there a way to tell my BlackBerry to respect the original To address and always reply from it?

Thanks!

AFAIK, with BB u can't change your reply address.

What I know is if you want to send NEW message, you CAN choose from which address you want to send the message, BUT only after you created all those e-mail accounts in your BB (that's a prerequisite, I'm afraid). If, after you created those accounts, u don't want to see them, u can hide it. But even so, I still can't reply message from B if it was sent to A.

billpoly
10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
I was afraid of that. At least it's the answer I was expecting. :-/ I really hope that BB will support respecting the original To address when replying at some point, but for now I'll manage. The Gmail app does do replies correctly, so for now I jump into the Gmail app when I need to reply to a message sent to one of my alternate addresses. Not elegant, but functional.

takeshi
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
As stated above you need to integrate those accounts directly with BIS (and not receive their messages via your gmail account) if you want to reply using those accounts on the BB.

As a workaround you can integrate the accounts and set their default filters to not forward any mail. However, you'd have to use Forward instead of Reply when replying to those messages and change the Send Using field to the desired account.

Alternately, you could filter email coming through your primary gmail so that none of the other accounts are delivered to the BB through the primary gmail account and let BIS retrieve email the way it needs to (separately through each account). That would allow you to use Reply normally. Though if you're BCC'ed on email the filters probably wouldn't work properly.

I really hope that BB will support respecting the original To address when replying at some point, but for now I'll manage.
I suspect it needs a way of validating that you're authorized to send mail on behalf of those accounts (to avoid allowing anyone to spoof any other email address) and without supplying BIS with the credentials for that account there's no way for it to know. I wouldn't count on it ever being possible on the BB.

prasetyadrian
02-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Wirelessly posted

Hi readers,
I am using Blackberry bold 9300 and i observe many times that whenever i use to send mail via Gmail, it is struck and have to restart my blackberry, i think there is some conflicting between the software of blackberry and Gmail application,

I do not recommend that we use Gmail application on blackberry, whenever i want to send email via Gmail, I use internet explorer;

regards,

Matt John

Most of the emails set on my ? are Gmail powered and I have no problem with any of them. Speaking of replying emails, however, I do have one note: if you're subscribed to a mailing list from Yahoogroups and the sender use Yahoo, use 'Reply All' to reply the thread coz otherwise you'd be replying directly to sender. It only happens to sender from Yahoo, though. Weird.