PDA

View Full Version : receiving read email as new

ClaireBender
10-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Could someone please explain how I can stop receiving emails which i've just read in my inbox, from coming to my blackberry?
It's very annoying having to do everything twice!!

Thanks,
CB

dgalbo
10-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I am having the same problem since my account was fried while travelling in Estonia. When I returned to the UK, I reset the account only to discover that following the reset, I now receive emails once when new and then again when read. Annoying yes. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
D

PS: Is there a way to be notified about a post without replying?

MidnightDraven
10-17-2009, 08:21 AM
yes, you click THREAD TOOLS at the top of the thread and then SUBSCRIBE.
When asking about how you want to be notified, drop down box = instant.
this will email you about a new post.

dgalbo
10-17-2009, 08:39 AM
yes, you click THREAD TOOLS at the top of the thread and then SUBSCRIBE.
When asking about how you want to be notified, drop down box = instant.
this will email you about a new post.

Many thanks for this.

dgalbo
10-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Found this useful and it fixed my problem: Site (the forum gurus apparently think that newbies cannot also solve problems thus I cannot post the link here. However, I can do a version here: blackberry.com /btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13528&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=71718840&stateId=0%200%2071728394

You will want to add the usual www in front

Essentially, I had set me Exchange account as IMAP as opposed to OWA. Apparently, as you can see on the page, there are several other reasons why this may occur.

Best wishes,
D

VIOLATOR
10-18-2009, 02:30 PM
The post count issue is to discourage the one post spammers (which I appreciate) and not designed to discourage new members, Normally if the link is legit, someone will come along and help you with it! :)

David

View Document (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13528&sliceId=2&docTypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=71718840&stateId=0%200%207172839)

tsac
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Could someone please explain how I can stop receiving emails which i've just read in my inbox, from coming to my blackberry?
It's very annoying having to do everything twice!!

Thanks,
CB

So to answer your question,
The purpose of a BB is to receive all emails when not at the office or PC used for your email. You could set the forwarding to shut off when your BB is plugged into the PC.

Also is it so hard to simply erase the ones you see as a duplicate?
I receive about 300 emails a day and when I know I have read them all from the PC, I simply do a "delete previous" on the BB.

Life is hard, this is not:-(

takeshi
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Essentially, I had set me Exchange account as IMAP as opposed to OWA. Apparently, as you can see on the page, there are several other reasons why this may occur.

Keep in mind that not everyone is using an Exchange account with BIS. OP hasn't even mentioned what type of email account is involved.

SouthernBell
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
ClaireBender,
I'm curious is you're having the same issue I am? If I have my "Outlook" shutdown on my laptop, I only get the email once on my BB. When I open my Outlook, all "new" emails get sent again to my BB. Then, if I click on one to read/review it, or to reply, it sends the email AGAIN to my BB.