PDA

View Full Version : Not able to Apps. World

paolaramirez88
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I bought an unlocked Blackberry 8320 on ebay. I am subscribe with Tmobile Blackberry Data Plan but I still can't use or even get in Apps. World. I emailed the guy that I bought the phone from and he said that "THE PHONE WILL NOT ACTIVATE BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVICE (BIS) because the phone's PIN is not good. I do get internet service but I can't use apps.world. I talked to T-mobile for hours but they weren't able to help me. My edge is lower case and Tmobile tech support couldn't help me.
I will really appreciate your help

tsac
10-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Rim may be blocking the PIN because it's either stolen or still locked. My guess

paolaramirez88
10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Iit seems like the phone is fully unlocked. how do I know if it is stolen? what can I do about that?

Greywuf
10-19-2009, 11:53 PM
You just learnt an expensive lesson as I agree with tsac, that it looks like your phones stolen. Best bet is to ask T-mobile to check their blacklist for clarification

daphne
10-20-2009, 12:00 AM
The seller told you the PIN was not good? Then why was he selling it??

I would contact him and ask for a refund. If he refuses, then file a dispute with eBay/PayPal.

rambo47
10-20-2009, 06:56 AM
The lower-case "edge" means no data plan is associated with your device. That definitely happens when a PIN/IMEI has been blocked by a carrier.

All too often a person sells on eBay, then reports the BB stolen/lost to file an insurance claim.