PDA

View Full Version : Calendar acting crazy

alb123
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
All of a sudden my calendar is behaving strangely...

When a Calendar notification sounds, the window pops up like normally. I can choose Open of Dismiss like normally. Whichever I choose, the audio continues to play. I cant silence it. Pressing keys doesn't do it. The hangup/end call button doesn't do it. Hitting the volume up&down key(s) doesn't silence it.

I also noticed that if i edit any calendar entry, the device now vibrates. If I create a new calendar entry, the device vibrates. I've checked my profile(s) - nothing is set to vibrate in there. My alarm worked perfectly up until about 1 hour ago.

I've tried numerous battery pulls...Switching/editing profiles. Turning notifications on/off. I am stumped!!

Any suggestions? I really do not want to wipe my device...

ALB

alb123
10-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Well, I resolved that problem by restoring my entire device to a backup I created 4 days prior. Just another example of why it is important to backup your device frequently. I have a new problem, unfortunately...

Now, when I go to make a new entry in my Calendar. At the very top, it says "Groups" in the box for "Send using..." It used to always have my Gmail account listed there. I checked my Default Services and my Gmail account IS set in both Default Services.

Anyone wanna take a shot at this one??

ALB

kurichan
10-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Did you install BBM 5 recently? That "Groups" sounds conspicuously like a BBM 5 function, but for the life of me, I have no idea why it would leak over into Calendar that way.

Have you resent your Service Books? Do that, then pull the battery and see if it straightens out...