PDA

View Full Version : 8703e crashes every alternate day

utkarsh
10-23-2009, 11:50 PM
hi all,
i am a first time user of BB. My model is 8703e. Since the day i bought it it has been crashing and going in an endless restart loop every alternate day. it usually happens when i am using any feature other than voice. i am really fed up of this as i need to travel often and my phone crashes often when i need it most.

My OS is 4.5.

i would really appreciate if any of you Gurus could help me out on this. and yes my network carrier is TATA indicom.

utkarsh
10-24-2009, 04:02 AM
hi guys,

I see that i haven't received any replies on my prob. Are the details that I have provided ambiguous or i have posted in teh wrong section. would really appreciate a quick response.:?

NJBlackBerry
10-24-2009, 04:04 AM
How much free space do you have (Options / About). The 8703e is several generations old.

utkarsh
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM
i have over 50 MB of free space. My handset has an inbuilt memory of 64 MB. every time it crashes, it reboots to the home screen and when teh security is abt 20% thru it reboots again, so i need to wait till teh battery runs out and teh radio turns off. after that teh phone boots properly with teh wireless turned off and i just wipe my device and it restarts normally. This has been teh story since teh day i bought it.

i even got my handset replaced but to no avail. the new one has teh same problem as well.

NJBlackBerry
10-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Double check the free memory. Are you *sure* it is 50mb and not 5. Please..

What programs do you have installed?

utkarsh
10-24-2009, 04:53 AM
i have no programs installed as of now. i just double checked i have 24 MB memory free:oops: . since i have wiped my device 4 times in the past 24 hours, i havent even had a chance to update my phone book so everything is in factory condition. :)

in the past the only thing that i have installed is Gmail and google apps. thts it.

NJBlackBerry
10-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, 24mb is plenty of free space.
Can you try another battery?

utkarsh
10-24-2009, 05:05 AM
i don have one available with me:-(. will have to go to the service centre to get one. what is it ur suspecting, if I may ask?

NJBlackBerry
10-24-2009, 05:07 AM
It is the only possible thing to change. There is no memory card (which can cause problems). If the battery is bad, it would cause the continuous reboots.

utkarsh
10-24-2009, 05:14 AM
sounds logical. but my battery is not even a month old as my network provider replaced my battery and it runs pretty good as well. could it be the software version? i read somewhere in the forum that someone was facing a similar problem on 4.5 upgrade but it got resolved when he returned to his older version?