PDA

View Full Version : Dead 8800 - No LED light...

shmang
10-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I have been using BB for couple of years and never had a problem that can not be solved until this one.

A user send me his 8800 that with the LED flash (reboot circle) and black screen. So, I tried the wipe and reload OS thing. At first, it will recognize the USB device, but it always fail loading the OS. After a few tries, the red LED light will not even flash or lit. When I connected with JL Commander or AppLoader (with or without JVM), the device is not recognized by the computer (tried on 3 computers with different USB ports). I have tried this for 2 days - By have it connected for 30 min. at a time in between me and the computer monitor (so if it ever lit I can see it) and then disconnect, remove the battery and put it back and reconnect. So far, there is no sign of connection (or even a response).

Is this device dead or is there any other way I can revitalize it?

shmang
10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
So, seeing all the views and no reply. I guess the phone is dead then?

jsconyers
10-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forums

You said it would fail loading the OS, did it give an error message?

Sounds like you tried a bunch of steps, but I don't know if you followed these steps:
What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

I would give that a bunch of tries. It could take a while before it connects.

I would also try rebooting the PC and device.

shmang
10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
You said it would fail loading the OS, did it give an error message?

Sounds like you tried a bunch of steps, but I don't know if you followed these steps: (Due to forum limitations - which to me is not reasonable, I have to remove the link you attached here)

I would give that a bunch of tries. It could take a while before it connects.

I would also try rebooting the PC and device.

I did get an error message, but forgot what it is now - it was one of the general message like "Loading of OS can not be completed due to unexpected error".

I have tried the steps mentioned before, but maybe I just did not give it enough time for the device to connect - Would 15 min. be long enough?

I can reboot the PC, but as far as reboot the device, could you tell me how to do that when there is no LED light and no screen display? Maybe that is something I need to do if possible.

Thank you for the reply and information.

jsconyers
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
A simple battery pull.

15 minutes is plenty of time.

shmang
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, I have pull the battery multiple times during the process. Maybe I need to wait for a while after put the battery back before try to connect it?

I have waited for 10-15 min. on multiple occasions without any hint of connection, worth to try anything else?

shmang
10-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Sounds like you tried a bunch of steps, but I don't know if you followed these steps:
What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)

In this instruction, it says remove the battery then connect and put the battery back, so I would assume this will reboot the device. So, how long I need to wait for it to connect (since with a working device, it takes about 3-5 minutes to reboot with O/S loaded)?

Thanks.

jsconyers
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
A few minutes for the device to load.

shmang
10-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Tried all the above instructions and still can not get even the LED to light. Is it safe to say RIP at this point, or... if anything else can be done to it?

Willing to take any suggestions.

jsconyers
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM
What model phone do you have?

plexiwriter
11-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Have you tried changing battery?