PDA

View Full Version : Software to Receive Fax using BB

ciadelle
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't have a phone line, don't want a fax, but everyone in the world needs to fax me documents. How can I receive faxes via my BB, bypassing the need for an efax subscription. Must the data go through one of my email accounts in order to reach my BB. Anyone have advice?? THKS!

aau007
12-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Unless the sender has a fax to email solution, you are pretty SOL as far as I know. Keep in mind that your BB has an email account, which also let you receive attachments. However, only certain formats are supported for viewing attachments and I am not sure if tiff (the normal fax format) is supported by default.

nb_mitch
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Efax has a free service, but limits you to 20 pages a month. I have used it for 5 years and had to switch email accounts only once because I hit the limit. They use a format you can't view on your BB, but you could see from the Web Client with the efax software installed on a PC.

Now with my BB email addy, I have another email addy to use if I hit the 20 page limit again :)

Silentknight
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't have a phone line, don't want a fax, but everyone in the world needs to fax me documents. How can I receive faxes via my BB, bypassing the need for an efax subscription. Must the data go through one of my email accounts in order to reach my BB. Anyone have advice?? THKS!

Have you tried this? It's cheap, and works very well.
http://www.printeron.net/solutions/...n_wireless.html

pvantienen
12-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Not sure who your carrier is, mine is Bell Mobility here in Toronto. As part of my service plan I have a second fax line attached to my mobile phone. When you call that number you can leave a fax. I get buzzed like voice mail and it gives me the option to forward that fax to any phone number. It's a GREAT service. I would check with your provider.