PDA

View Full Version : Sprint BB Tour 9630 and Google Sync

rnc_forever
10-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Hello. I'm about to get the new BB Tour 9630 for Sprint after 60 days of failure with the Palm Pre. My #1 Question at this point is WILL GOOGLE SYNC WORK AND DELIVER?

I am overly reliant on Google at this point because I don't have a home computer for Desktop Syncing, and can't do it at work. I currently have over 400 contacts that exist only on Google at this point, and my calendar and tasks as well. This was good with the Palm Pre because they sync over the air automatically.

Does Google Sync really? work on the Tour 9630. Are users still having problems where google deletes any events older than 4 weeks?

thanks for your help

juwaack68
10-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't have an answer about Google Sync, but I do know that the new mIQ application from Best Buy does sync contacts, calendar, text messages, calls, photos, and videos witht he Tour. And it's also free.

So if you don't find that Google Sync works, or want to try something else, there is this other alternative.

rnc_forever
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
I wasn't aware of mIQ but it looks nice. I'm not sure I would want all my photos, texts, etc automatically uploaded to the internet but im sure there are filters etc.

Hopefully someone on here know if Google Sync is working for them on their BB tour.

paramedic233
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Like you I found myself with a junk Pre. Overheated, locked up, etc. Final straw was when I needed Medical Control and the phone failed.
To answer your question, yes, Google Sync works for the Tour.
And like the Pre, it does it automatically.
Good luck.

mIQ Live
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I wasn't aware of mIQ but it looks nice. I'm not sure I would want all my photos, texts, etc automatically uploaded to the internet but im sure there are filters etc.

Hopefully someone on here know if Google Sync is working for them on their BB tour.

If you do install mIQ, you can select what you want it to sync. Most people have it upload everything (contacts, calendar, texts, photos, videos, etc.) but you have the option to pick and choose.

If you try it out, let us know what you think!