PDA

View Full Version : Issue with task sorting on 8700?

Mikem42
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Has anyone had any issues with their 8700 and sorting of tasks? I can't seem to get it to sort on anything other than topic. I keep changing the option, and it stays changed when I reenter, but the topics don't change their order.

- Mike

jpom
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm a little late on this but I'm having the same problem, tasks won't sort by anything other then subject. Anybody have any suggestions, am I missing something??

coreyg510
03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I have all options on mine. I also created filters as well. All of my subject sorting works as well

Rsatria
05-08-2006, 08:36 AM
I am having the same problem with sorting tasks that was mentioned previously. I change the options to sort on date, etc, but the tasks remain sorted by subject only. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Mikem42
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
The "workaround" for me is to set the option, exit the tasks. Sync my blackberry and then open tasks again.

Not exactly a great workaround if you want to change the sorting on a regular basis...

- Mike

Rsatria
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
I contacted Cingular, who had no info about this issue. Cingular forwarded me to RIM, who IS AWARE of this issue. They state they are working on a patch.

Meanwhile, as a workaround they provided the following, which I tried and it does work:

Sort your tasks as usual. (Options-Sort by)
Then Click "Hide Completed"
and then click "Show Completed"

Your tasks will be sorted.

smartphoney
02-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I contacted Cingular, who had no info about this issue. Cingular forwarded me to RIM, who IS AWARE of this issue. They state they are working on a patch.

Meanwhile, as a workaround they provided the following, which I tried and it does work:

Sort your tasks as usual. (Options-Sort by)
Then Click "Hide Completed"
and then click "Show Completed"

Your tasks will be sorted.Anyone know if a patch was ever released for this? I'm having the same problem on my Sprint 8703e. The workaround works, but this seems like a pretty significant bug that's lasted for quite some time.

mundyb
02-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I gave up on BB tasks for To-Do Matrix... Never looked back. There are lots of ways to sort, and search tasks. But the $60 bucks might be a turn-off for some, if you use tasks a lot though you may want to take a look at it.

The site is rexwireless.com