PDA

View Full Version : BIS & BES email causes crashes?

dbsanders
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
My 8330 has been rebooting constantly for weeks. First I was told that I shouldn't have installed any 3rd party apps (had Facebook, Viigo). I.T. reloaded the OS. This time I didn't load any 3rd party apps, but added a personal email. The the crashes/reboots came back. I'm told that using the personal email along with BES could be corrupting something - is that possible?

Sounds like my BB is ok until I want to add any functionality, then I can expect crashes and reboots.

4.5.0.138/8330/Verizon

takeshi
11-03-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm told that using the personal email along with BES could be corrupting something - is that possible?

Doubtful. I've been using BES and BIS together for years on multiple models without any issues. Sounds like the typical IT guy approach of blaming the unknown/unfamiliar.

You could always verify for them by running BES-only for a while.

dbsanders
11-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Doubtful. I've been using BES and BIS together for years on multiple models without any issues. Sounds like the typical IT guy approach of blaming the unknown/unfamiliar.

You could always verify for them by running BES-only for a while.

Yeah I deleted my BIS email and the problem is still occurring. I am getting a replacement tomorrow.