PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk calendars

walbern1
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Up until now I have mixed personal and business appointments in Outlook but we are implementing some new software and I will have to change that. In Outlook I have 2 Calendars one "Calendar" (Default) and one "Personal". BES only syncs the default "Calendar". I have a copy of the "Personal" calendar in Google Calendar. How can I get one or the other to sync with my BB? I tried Google sync but after it synced by BB sent all the appointments back to my Outlook Calendar and I was back to how it was.

Hope I explained it well if anyone has any questions they want clarified let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

penguin3107
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Use Google Sync, but before you install/run it you need to make sure you set your default calendar on the handheld to your GMail account. If you miss that step, you'll get the undesired results that you got earlier.

walbern1
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok I get that. Will my Outlook default calendar still sync as well.

penguin3107
11-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Ok I get that. Will my Outlook default calendar still sync as well.

Yes.

walbern1
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the help.

darknightz
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Ok but what if you don't have BES and have BIS. Can you sync different calendar accounts to your Blackberry without combining the two?

morfy50
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm looking to do something similar, but do not want to screw up my calendars!

I want to plug-in the BB and sync my Outlook cal with DM. Then I also have Google Sync running running for my personal stuff. I don't care if they're mixed in on the BB but definitely want to keep them seperated in Otlook/Google. Can this be done? Or will the entries just load on each calendar when a sync happens (either Google sync or DM)

walbern1
11-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Can you not sync your Outlook calendar OTA even without BES? The google part works, I'm just not sure if plugging in to desktop manager would upset the equation.

morfy50
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately we don't have BES, just using OWA with BIS

walbern1
11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking that should still work the same as mine. I could use my OWA and never use Outlook on my desktop and still get the same result, I think.

makedonce
11-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm looking to do something similar, but do not want to screw up my calendars!

I want to plug-in the BB and sync my Outlook cal with DM. Then I also have Google Sync running running for my personal stuff. I don't care if they're mixed in on the BB but definitely want to keep them seperated in Otlook/Google. Can this be done? Or will the entries just load on each calendar when a sync happens (either Google sync or DM)

Has anyone been able to do this?

walbern1
11-13-2009, 05:08 PM
The key for me was penguins post;
"Use Google Sync, but before you install/run it you need to make sure you set your default calendar on the handheld to your GMail account. If you miss that step, you'll get the undesired results that you got earlier."
You can try it with DM, the worst you'll get is some duplicate calendar entries.