PDA

View Full Version : Calender sync: error code 0x80040fb3

Stefaniesco
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I have a problem in synchronizing my calender with BB, which so far no one could solve. I hope someone out there has a solution...

Background: I have several Outlook personal folder files (.pst), as I transferred my data from my previous company in Germany to my present job in Portugal. In the beginning, sync worked out well for all data (calender, contacts, tasks, notes).

Due to the different time zones, some "double data files" were created in Outlook, which I deleted. Since then, sync always gives me the following error code:
> Intellisync
> Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3. Check documentation.

Sync for the other data type works without any problem. Does any of you know this problem ? And, what is more important: do you have any solution for this bug ???

I would very much appreciate any help, don´t want to continue synchronizing the calender manually any more !!!

Best regards,
Stefan

Russo1994
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
If you are doing a wired sync, check out this artice on Blackberry.com/btsc
KB14818

This should solve it.

Russo1994
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Also try deleting the "desktop[SYNC]" service from the handheld, and resend it from the BES.

Russo1994
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Service Book I mean...

badinoff
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
If you are doing a wired sync, check out this artice on Blackberry.com/btsc
KB14818

This should solve it.
Thanks for the KB article reference. Resolution #2 did the trick for me. I think in my case synchronizing my BB with my work PC (Windows XP) and with my home PC (Windows 7) might have corrupted Intellisync history...

Resolution #2 from the KB article:

To reset the configuration of the synchronization, complete the following steps:

Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
Open Synchronize.
Click the Configuration tab (for BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0.1, click the Synchronization option under the Configure heading).
Click Reset Configuration.
Click Yes

BBstorm2
02-13-2010, 08:57 PM
I have just started using my first BB so I am a novice. I had this error and have tackled it from a cleaned out Outlook address book and calendar - down to 390 cleaned up address book entries and about 90 birthdays and forward meetings etc. My BB is a storm 2 and I have the BB manager updated to 5.01.
I managed to get it to work properly by deleting some birthdays, entered as all day events. The troublesome ones seemed to be those with an alarm attached. The events that appeared to be troublesome were those outside the time range of the working day set on my BB. Once I had extended the working day to 04.00am start and 23.30 finish everything loaded up from my MS Outlook 2007 just fine. I decided it was hi time to clean up my address book and calendar and this seems to have done the trick.
A bit lateral to other suggestions I have seen but it has worked.

regards
BBstorm2

Peter O'Sullivan
03-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I have just successfully solved this problem... which turned out to be caused by two calendar entries that were interrupting/causing the synchronisation to abort
These entries were invites that had been sent to my laptop outlook, but to my hotmail account....I accepted them into my hotmail calendar (in outlook) and then moved them (within outlook) to my exchange account.
Synchroniastion did not like them and vice versa
I deleted both from my outlook exchange account and re-keyed the info directly into my outlook exchange account
Synchronisation is now OK.